Saturday 15 March 2014

Georgetown visit at Amernian Street with friends

28.02.2014 - Taking a try on ice ball before starting our wall painting project at Film Cafe.

This is my first time to tried out the 70's ice ball(located at Amernian Street) that my mother always mention it that how happy they were to have it during their childhood.Well,its quite juicy ,many variety of flavour and cold of course.We do enjoyed it in this terrible hot whether.





08.03.2014-  Armenian street and Jetty side visit with friends.

Local ice-popsicles and 70's ice ball ckecked!!!
Ice-popsicle (''bing tiao'' in mandarin)was my flavourite when I was a little.I am sure most of us were like that too.
Its make me reminds of what I always did with my sister and cousins when we were small.We always made homemade ice-popsicles with the flavour of durian,milo,ribena,orange and so on. Just filled inside a cylindrical plastic and frozed it.Done! Its one of our fantastic childhood memory.







Posting a fat bird pose with one of my crazy best friend called Mandy whose always called me
 Fei Niao(fat bird in chinese)

A wall just beside a road full with graffiti drawing of kids which is a games that we often play it during our school times.

Plants planted in a coconut shells and kakiak(old time slipper) hanging around the wall and roof.






 


When we walk by the Armenian Street,we heard some uncles chit chatting and laughing at their old time stories. Its an old shop that selling ceramics bowls and plates.They are cleaning the muds that remained on the ceramics bowl after heating.They told us that it was the only shop that sell ceramics as most of the young generations do not want to heir their business and just left few of them willing to continue work for it.They also told us that making soup using ceramics is really tasty compare to others and its also good for health and this is the reason why they continue to work that hard in this old shop.
Group photo before moving to the next station -Jetty side.
A very famous Jelly ice (Ohqio) located at Weld Quay is always my flavourite and also a new food that my friend recomended for me on that day before we leave. A MUST TRY -toasted bread with sweet corn filling.Thumbs up! Its too yummy that I forgoten to snap on a photo on it.The three sons of the stall's owner had resigned their work as a doctor and lawyer,and came back to help his father to sell this.From this,you can see how good and popular their bussiness is.





No comments:

Post a Comment